2024 MLB in-season thread

kane

EOG master
Prob not but it's another mysterious injury where he cant even identify when it happened.
Meniscus injuries aren't always easy to know when they happen, I tore the medial meniscus in my left knee about 15 years ago and I had no idea when or how it happened either, one day I knelt down and felt a little something in my knee, figured it was a just a bruise or something minor since it didn't hurt a lot and the pain was minimal, it only hurt when I would kneel down or walk up a flight of stairs, most of the time I didn't even notice it, when it wouldn't go away I saw an orthopedist who ordered an MRI, that's when I found out. When you sprain or tear an ACL or MCL, you know right away something isn't right, but a meniscus is different, he could have done it running the bases or swinging a bat, there's no way to pin point when it happens since there's typically no immediate pain

mr merlin

EOG Master
Meniscus injuries aren't always easy to know when they happen, I tore the medial meniscus in my left knee about 15 years ago and I had no idea when or how it happened either, one day I knelt down and felt a little something in my knee, figured it was a just a bruise or something minor since it didn't hurt a lot and the pain was minimal, it only hurt when I would kneel down or walk up a flight of stairs, most of the time I didn't even notice it, when it wouldn't go away I saw an orthopedist who ordered an MRI, that's when I found out. When you sprain or tear an ACL or MCL, you know right away something isn't right, but a meniscus is different, he could have done it running the bases or swinging a bat, there's no way to pin point when it happens since there's typically no immediate pain
Then he should play out the season as a DH and get the surgery in the off season. From what I've heard the surgery requires 1-2 months(prob 2), it happened in april so he "should" be looking at a return in july(perhaps after the all star game)?

Just watch, he'll be out till late aug or sept and will make a token appearance.

kane

EOG master
Then he should play out the season as a DH and get the surgery in the off season.
Playing with a torn meniscus is a bad idea, his knee is weakened which could lead to a more serious injury, if this were August or September and the Angels were fighting for a playoff berth, maybe, but at the start of May and playing for a team with no chance at the postseason, the prudent thing is to take care of it now. I know you like to shit on him whenever possible, but taking care of the injury now is the right thing to do

mr merlin

EOG Master
Playing with a torn meniscus is a bad idea, his knee is weakened which could lead to a more serious injury, if this were August or September and the Angels were fighting for a playoff berth, maybe, but at the start of May and playing for a team with no chance at the postseason, the prudent thing is to take care of it now. I know you like to shit on him whenever possible, but taking care of the injury now is the right thing to do
Fine but then I want his ass on the field july 1st, no excuses.

I HAVE SPOKEN!

mr merlin

EOG Master
By the way Byron Buxton went down yesterday for the twins with knee soreness, watch for him to miss extended time like he does every year.