2024 MLB in-season thread

MrTop

EOG Master
Good stuff here. The WFAN is exactly right. A walk is not always as good as a hit:

i did not see the at bat. Pitchers avoid hot batters. If they think they can get judge out then the play is to walk soto. If you are soto ...it would do more harm to hit a bad pitch and make an out or DP. Soto a better hitter than judge.

i agree with soto's choice to walk. Judge going down hill fast

Valuist

EOG Master
Cubs going to be tough in the NL Central. 10-6 so far but a tough schedule faced; they've already faced Texas (on road), Seattle (on road), Arizona (on road), San Diego (on road) and the Dodgers at home. Only cupcake so far is Colorado. Michael Busch playing like a major impact player so far.

MrTop

EOG Master
Cubs going to be tough in the NL Central. 10-6 so far but a tough schedule faced; they've already faced Texas (on road), Seattle (on road), Arizona (on road), San Diego (on road) and the Dodgers at home. Only cupcake so far is Colorado. Michael Busch playing like a major impact player so far.

agree.. but need to get better defense to win it all

Valuist

EOG Master
agree.. but need to get better defense to win it all

I don't see them beating the Dodgers or Braves. But I'm kicking myself for not betting the RSW total over. Nice call by Kane.

Suzuki going to the IL isn't good and Steele is already on it but at least they've faced the toughest part of their schedule already.

Heim

EOG Master
What happened to the Tampa Bay bullpen have gone from top 5 to last. Middle relief was their strength, no more.

MrTop

EOG Master
What happened to the Tampa Bay bullpen have gone from top 5 to last. Middle relief was their strength, no more.

in 2023---11th in runs saved...5th in defense eff.
2024----- 19th in runs saved........ 25th in defense eff

blueline

EOG Master
Snell was defying some analytics that were off the charts last year...maybe things are starting to " even out"

MrTop

EOG Master
raise your hand if you thought milwaukee had no chance in 2024.........

that's me..had me fooled

look pretty good

Valuist

EOG Master
I’m impressed by this kid Andy Pages (pronounced Pa-hays) with the Dodgers. Generates tremendous torque. Hit his first HR today and I’m guessing there will be many more. His double the other night might’ve left a mark on the wall. As if the Dodgers needed another big time power hitter.

MrTop

EOG Master
for me page is too early for me. 20 PA

swarber and castellano are killing the philles... bohn and turner are solid at the plate

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Umpire Hunter Wendelstedt
throws Aaron Boone out of the game today because
a fan in the third row didn't like a HBP call and was barking at him.
Boone was chewing gum and never said a word.
Too Funny

mr merlin

EOG Master
Umpire Hunter Wendelstedt
throws Aaron Boone out of the game today because
a fan in the third row didn't like a HBP call and was barking at him.
Boone was chewing gum and never said a word.
Too Funny
How can he get away with that? that ump should be suspended and possibly fired.

howid

EOG Dedicated
wouldn't be a bad idea to make all ejections subject to review, the ump forced to present his evidence to make the ejection stand, maybe 3 minutes allotted to verify or deny the decision ...

Valuist

EOG Master
eyes and speed of swing yes ...but speed of swing means little if a player makes little contact..

Same thing applies to exit velocity as well. If Joey Gallo has an average exit velo of 95, what good is it if he strikes out 1/3 of all plate appearances?

As for my original point, for anyone playing fantasy baseball, for the time being, Pages could be an inexpensive OF option.