EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (PARLAYNOW is our April contestant)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rules:

1. Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
  2. Games must be played by month's end.
  3. Major North American team sports only: NFL, CFL, NCAAF, NBA, WNBA, NCAAB, NHL, MLB and MLS.
  4. Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
  5. Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
  6. Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
  7. Cannot play a game more than once or both sides of the same game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Here's to one of EOG's good guys.

And the only contributor in EOG history to claim not one, not two, but three Super Bowl rings!

No more details because PARLAYNOW is a private guy.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rules:

1. Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
  3. Major North American team sports only: NFL, CFL, NCAAF, NBA, WNBA, NCAAB, NHL, MLB and MLS.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Rules:

These rules are clear and concise…why don’t contestants read them?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I will reach out to PARLAYNOW tomorrow to fully discuss the rules of EOG's Grand Challenge.

Just off the phone with PARLAYNOW.

We marveled at Caitlin Clark's performance in last night's regional final.

Clark is a mad bomber.

Why didn't LSU head coach Kim Mulkey assign a bigger, more athletic player to defend Clark?

Little Hailey Van Lith (or as PARLAYNOW dubbed her, Hailey Van Brick) was clearly outclassed.

PARLAYNOW and I also discussed the state of Kentucky basketball.

What a classless move by UK head coach John Calipari to throw his players under the bus after a loss to Oakland University.

Why didn't Calipari assign a better defender to guard Oakland's mad bomber Jack Gohlke?

Tsk tsk.

For all the talent that comes through Kentucky, the basketball team has clearly underperformed for Calipari.

Big Blue Nation is fractured, according to PARLAYNOW.

Imagine this NBA starting lineup of former UK products: Devin Booker, Aaron Fox, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony-Towns.

Am I missing anybody?

Five bench players: Jamal Murray, Julius Randle, Ty Maxey, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro.

It was good to chat with PARLAYNOW, a proud UK alum.

About this month's Grand Challenge: I failed to fully explain the rules to PARLAYNOW so his play last night on the Suns will not count toward his record.

Instead, he has agreed to post two plays today and one play for each of the next 28 days in pursuit of the $1,000 cash prize.

He gets a mulligan for yesterday and starts with a clean slate today.

My bad.

kane

EOG master
I failed to fully explain the rules to PARLAYNOW so his play last night on the Suns will not count toward his record.
I have nothing against him and hope he wins the money, but you don't have to fully explain the rules, they're fully explained in your opening post, had he read them, especially #4, there wouldn't have been a problem, that said I'm glad he's been given a mulligan, seems like the right thing to do

kane

EOG master
For all the talent that comes through Kentucky, the basketball team has clearly underperformed for Calipari.
Cal is more interested in bringing in the one and done NBA player instead of building a cohesive, chemistry laden team, guys with great individual talent, but not necessarily team players, too many chiefs and not enough Indians, everyone loves the big name recruits, and of course it's nice to have them, but in addition to stars you also need glue guys, Cal is similar to Mario Cristobal, 5 star recruiter, 1 star game day coach

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I have nothing against him and hope he wins the money, but you don't have to fully explain the rules, they're fully explained in your opening post, had he read them, especially #4, there wouldn't have been a problem, that said I'm glad he's been given a mulligan, seems like the right thing to do

It's so ironic that JK loves simple rules, and I agree if they are clear and complete as they are here.

Yet when someone tries a freeroll, JK feels it's his fault. This a loss from my viewpoint. No freerolls.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It's so ironic that JK loves simple rules, and I agree if they are clear and complete as they are here.

Yet when someone tries a freeroll, JK feels it's his fault. This a loss from my viewpoint. No freerolls.

I don't think PARLAYNOW was attempting a freeroll.

He simply was not aware of the rules.

No need to make a decision on last night's play right now because it can sour the entire event.

We can satisfy both camps -- spirit of the law and letter of the law -- by adding an asterisk to PARLAYNOW's record.

The asterisk is a protest clause which can be filed, only if necessary.

If PARLAYNOW goes 15-15, we move on without hearing the case.

I think the spirit of the law trumps the letter of the law in this case because it's the player against the house, not the player against other players.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Cal is more interested in bringing in the one and done NBA player instead of building a cohesive, chemistry laden team, guys with great individual talent, but not necessarily team players, too many chiefs and not enough Indians, everyone loves the big name recruits, and of course it's nice to have them, but in addition to stars you also need glue guys, Cal is similar to Mario Cristobal, 5 star recruiter, 1 star game day coach

Love it.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I am starting to understand why JK selects these people for this contest

They are complete dumbasses.

Day 1 and this idiot doesn't know the rules and needs a phone to explain what's up.

Should be an auto disqualification for being too stupid

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Oh, trust me, it was a freeroll.

Note my first post was only 2 minutes after Parlaynow's post. I happened to catch it within a minute of the post. Phoenix was up 20 points at the half, stretched the lead to between 22 and 27 points. At the time of the OP, the game was about midway in the 3rd quarter when Phoenix had the lead by 25 points. About 3 minutes after my first post, I checked the Phoenix in-game line at Pinny, it was -15.5. The Suns were up by 11 or more until 3:27 left in the 4Q.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Regardless- still had plenty of time to put a play in. Even though there were no games left for Monday, could have picked a play for Tuesday’s card

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Oh, trust me, it was a freeroll.

Note my first post was only 2 minutes after Parlaynow's post. I happened to catch it within a minute of the post. Phoenix was up 20 points at the half, stretched the lead to between 22 and 27 points. At the time of the OP, the game was about midway in the 3rd quarter when Phoenix had the lead by 25 points. About 3 minutes after my first post, I checked the Phoenix in-game line at Pinny, it was -15.5. The Suns were up by 11 or more until 3:27 left in the 4Q.

I was unaware of this narrative.

Thanks for those details, Bob.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I am starting to understand why JK selects these people for this contest

They are complete dumbasses.

Day 1 and this idiot doesn't know the rules and needs a phone to explain what's up.

Should be an auto disqualification for being too stupid

Harsh, very harsh.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
If it was a free roll, JK should bring back poker night. Those were some good times. I'm not sure if bookmaker still offers it.