NHL Play

kane

EOG master
Several good points about this ‘playoffs rental’ Tarasenko.
He’s won a cup and he’s 32. Should be equipped with some leadership skills.
Decent offensively. Used to be a really effective sniper.
Stays out of the box. Has gotten some Byng votes 3 times.

Two things I especially like.
First, he’s a barrel shaped 228 lbs. I can recall in last years final, the Panthers were noticeably out-sized by Vegas D.
Secondly, Sens retain half of his $5 million salary.

Good pick up by FLA.
All the Panthers gave up was a third and fourth round pick, and like you mentioned the Sens pay half his salary, Tarasenko had a no trade clause, he was willing to waive it but only if he got traded to Florida, so that gave the Panthers the whip hand, it allowed them to make a low ball offer, this team has no weakness, none, doesn't guarantee they win the Cup, far from it, but they have as good a chance as anyone

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Just reviewing some coaching changes this year.

Lane Lambert, Craig Berube, Lindy Ruff, Dean Evason.
And a few more in recent past
Bruce Boudreau,Gerard Galante,Darryl Sutter,Ralph Krueger.

Most of these men were relatively older guys.

Last year, looking at Lindy Ruff, I just couldn’t see him as a good fit with such a young team in New Jersey.
Is there a new generation gap problem in NHL coaching?

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Reporting from detroithockeynow.com
——-
“Red Wings Enter Into State of Denial.

Overall, though, it’s not about the subtext at this juncture of the season. It’s about the outcome.

The Red Wings are now 0-2-2 on this five-game road trip that concludes Monday at Tampa Bay.
They’ve dropped nine in a row away from home (0-7-2).
Detroit finished the month of March with a 3-9-2 slate.

That’s not a playoff drive. It’s driving off a cliff.”

——-
Sad for Wings fans.
Several harsh comments also to the article.

...Another piece of sad news I’ve learned was that Detroit traded away in 2021,
Dallas winger Wyatt Johnston (29G 30A 59 PTS) in just his 2nd year, for a goalie prospect
Sebastian Cossa, currently playing in Grand Rapids, and previously Toledo.

Meanwhile, Wyatt earned a place on the NHL “All Rookie Team” last year.
Johnston’s play this year puts him on a trajectory to becoming an all star.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Having a hard time reconnecting fully with pucks since I'm real busy with work stuff but I'm going to play this one tonight thinking they can hang with the Oilers and no Connor

60 Min Reg Line Arizona +1 +121 - 0.5 unit
60 Min Reg Line Arizona MLine +255 - 0.5 unit

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
1st post of the year in this thread was probably the best bet of the year! Let's see if fading the Oilers back to back works, taking:

Canucks +0.5 -150 - 60 Minute Regulation Line - 2 units - betemnow

Last edited:

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Reporting from detroithockeynow.com
——-
“Red Wings Enter Into State of Denial.

Overall, though, it’s not about the subtext at this juncture of the season. It’s about the outcome.

The Red Wings are now 0-2-2 on this five-game road trip that concludes Monday at Tampa Bay.
They’ve dropped nine in a row away from home (0-7-2).
Detroit finished the month of March with a 3-9-2 slate.

That’s not a playoff drive. It’s driving off a cliff.”

——-
Sad for Wings fans.
Several harsh comments also to the article.

...Another piece of sad news I’ve learned was that Detroit traded away in 2021,
Dallas winger Wyatt Johnston (29G 30A 59 PTS) in just his 2nd year, for a goalie prospect
Sebastian Cossa, currently playing in Grand Rapids, and previously Toledo.

Meanwhile, Wyatt earned a place on the NHL “All Rookie Team” last year.
Johnston’s play this year puts him on a trajectory to becoming an all star.
Wild Wings-Leafs game tonight, that's a tough trade as Wyatt Johnson is developing and playing real well at a young age for the Stars.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Tonight’s play is Alex DeBrincat (Shots On Goal over 2.5 -171 pinnacle)
Red Wings should be motivated and DeBrincat should be making an effort for playoffs.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Detroit very motivated Neveragain, nice hit .... Kane out for Oilers so Henrique playing on top line with McDavid back in the lineup, ended up taking Henrique Over 0.5 assist +210 and Over 0.5 Goals +273 both a pinny. Anytime point Over 0.5 +100 Even, playoffs almost here!!

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
All the Panthers gave up was a third and fourth round pick, and like you mentioned the Sens pay half his salary, Tarasenko had a no trade clause, he was willing to waive it but only if he got traded to Florida, so that gave the Panthers the whip hand, it allowed them to make a low ball offer, this team has no weakness, none, doesn't guarantee they win the Cup, far from it, but they have as good a chance as anyone
Looking forward to how the Panthers play in the playoffs as they feel like they have unfinished business from last year. They had a bunch of injuries and were getting outplayed by VGK as the games continued in the Final.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Detroit very motivated Neveragain, nice hit .... Kane out for Oilers so Henrique playing on top line with McDavid back in the lineup, ended up taking Henrique Over 0.5 assist +210 and Over 0.5 Goals +273 both a pinny. Anytime point Over 0.5 +100 Even, playoffs almost here!!
Thanks.
And congrats to your Henrique angle. Looked like a clean sweep for you.

I’ve had mixed results with player props and team props.
As both our models reflect, tonight we managed to find some good situational correlations to achieve success.
My biggest props lessons this season has been to bet smaller on props.
There are good situational correlations almost every night so persistence pays. Bankroll management.

In an unrelated story, I was looking at Devin Cooley after I suffered a loss in his last game.
I had the over 5.5 while he made 49 saves allowing 1 goal.
Despite my personal loss, I thought it was a great game for Devin who’s 26 now and has been bouncing around all over the place.
So I’m thinking maybe Devin will find a place in San Jose with a stable job.
He’s actually born and raised in a suburb of San Jose which is a great opportunity.
So tonight he gives up 8 goals, gets pulled early and his career is now back on thin ice.
Terrible way to end the year.
The life of a professional goalie. (See Jack Campbell)

kane

EOG master
Looking forward to how the Panthers play in the playoffs as they feel like they have unfinished business from last year. They had a bunch of injuries and were getting outplayed by VGK as the games continued in the Final.
Pretty excited for the playoffs, Ekblad and Verhaeghe are both expected to be back when the playoffs start, they hit a skid a couple of weeks ago but have since righted the ship, their style of play is suited for the playoffs, they play solid defense and Bob has been great this year, the playoffs are somewhat of a crap shoot, but the Panthers have as good a chance as anyone to come out of the East, the team that concerns me the most is Carolina, I actually have a future on them to win the East +400

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Tonight’s play is Leafs Panthers over 5.5 -141 at pinnacle
Leafs will be going all out to get Matthews goal number 70.
Defence will take a back seat tonight.
I’m expecting lots of offensive experimentation from both teams.

kane

EOG master
Tonight’s play is Leafs Panthers over 5.5 -141 at pinnacle
Leafs will be going all out to get Matthews goal number 70.
Defence will take a back seat tonight.
I’m expecting lots of offensive experimentation from both teams.
Good call, I don't care if Matthews gets 70, I'm just glad he didn't do it in the Panthers den

kane

EOG master
This is pretty crazy, the Panthers back up goalie Anthony Stolarz leads the NHL in GAA and save percentage

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
No Vasilevskiy in net for TB, Toronto will try all they can to get Matthews his 70th, places took it off the board, best I could see is -160 to score a goal him, not a Leafs fan but GL to him.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I'll bite on a square play tonight, last game for the Coyotes before moving to Utah which was announced recently. I'm not sure if they will win but I like more the angle of them scoring. Took Coyotes Over 2.5 -149 Team Total - 1 unit - pinny

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
I'll bite on a square play tonight, last game for the Coyotes before moving to Utah which was announced recently. I'm not sure if they will win but I like more the angle of them scoring. Took Coyotes Over 2.5 -149 Team Total - 1 unit - pinny
With the Oilers locked into second place in the Pacific Division, coach Kris Knoblauch said Ceci and Nurse, both defensemen, will be healthy scratches.
A couple more compelling reasons to expect goals from the Coyotes.

I’m sure you knew this to be another circumstantial correlation to the coyotes over 2.5
GL sharky tonight.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I "bit" on Coyotes to win outright, getting +158.

Although Coyotes in 1P might be the better play.

Thursday: I see some massive dogs - that I think can cash:

Anaheim and Chicago getting almost $3.........100% both will be in my account!

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Thanks for your insight Neveragain. I was fortunate catching the Resting angle and the bump up to the top line for Henrique that got there on all fronts. I was tied up with work stuff so missed all the players resting for the Oiler tonight. I agree with you about Cooley, although he has had mixed results I feel at this point the multiple goals games he is allowing is more a reflection of the weak defense in front of him rather than his poor performances.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Pretty excited for the playoffs, Ekblad and Verhaeghe are both expected to be back when the playoffs start, they hit a skid a couple of weeks ago but have since righted the ship, their style of play is suited for the playoffs, they play solid defense and Bob has been great this year, the playoffs are somewhat of a crap shoot, but the Panthers have as good a chance as anyone to come out of the East, the team that concerns me the most is Carolina, I actually have a future on them to win the East +400
TB-Flor matchup should be a doozy in Round 1, enjoy Kane!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Hope they both get there for you Wink, happy to predict at least one of them gets there, GL Nice result with the Yotes yesterday!

Just got the bigger dog home - Ducks 4-1.

Now 3-3 Kings/Hawks. IF the Kings want to get P3 instead of WC2 all they need is a point meaning if the game goes to OT the Hawks can win but so can the Kings - if that is what they want.

Vegas obviously wants no part of Edmonton - that was very obvious today

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Just as Vegas game ends LA mysteriously gives up 3. It seems neither team wanted McDavid in first round.

Kings were all set to lose 4-3 until a Hawks player flipped the puck into the crowd from his defensive end. Kings score on the PP then 6 seconds into OT

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Kings were all set to lose 4-3 until a Hawks player flipped the puck into the crowd from his defensive end. Kings score on the PP then 6 seconds into OT
Still a very good result tonight Wink getting one of the +300 dogs home.
The NHL Tonight was a gong show with all of the sub plots getting traction.

Looking forward to some series prices.
Some very sharp minds in this thread.
Who’s on what?
Speak.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Still a very good result tonight Wink getting one of the +300 dogs home.
The NHL Tonight was a gong show with all of the sub plots getting traction.

Looking forward to some series prices.
Some very sharp minds in this thread.
Who’s on what?
Speak.

Agree but when you are less than 2 minutes away from cashing BOTH............................Hate to get greedy but 100-ish seconds from 2-0 +6.25ish units......ouch

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
That was an exciting last night if the NHL for you Wink, almost got both +300... dogs, great picks! Hope the Jets do well for you and that hockey market being the smallest in the NHL.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
That was an exciting last night if the NHL for you Wink, almost got both +300... dogs, great picks! Hope the Jets do well for you and that hockey market being the smallest in the NHL.

Hawks woulda won if not for the d-man flipping the puck into the stands with under 2 to go for the DOG penalty